Articles on this Page
- 04/03/13--05:45: _Humbled and Grateful
- 04/04/13--06:06: _Thursday
- 04/06/13--14:38: _Day Four
- 04/18/13--05:23: _2 weeks as a vegan ...
- 04/20/13--10:28: _Saturday Morning
- 08/03/13--09:27: _Remembering What I ...
- 08/09/13--05:52: _Frantic Friday
- 08/17/13--09:00: _Happiest Saturday M...
- 08/22/13--05:33: _Oddness
- 08/23/13--05:26: _Friday
- 08/24/13--16:28: _Pandora
- 09/08/13--13:37: _Are you ready for s...
- 09/09/13--05:34: _Into another week
- 09/21/13--10:04: _Twists and Turns
- 11/20/13--05:19: _Wednesday a.m.
- 12/10/13--06:08: _My little world
- 02/03/14--05:52: _A feeling of defeat
- 03/26/14--05:36: _Treadmill v. Blog
- 04/19/14--10:54: _May I vent?
- 06/09/14--06:29: _43 degrees and torr...
- 04/03/13--05:45: Humbled and Grateful
- 04/04/13--06:06: Thursday
- 04/06/13--14:38: Day Four
- 04/18/13--05:23: 2 weeks as a vegan was enough.
- 04/20/13--10:28: Saturday Morning
- 08/03/13--09:27: Remembering What I Loved…
- 08/09/13--05:52: Frantic Friday
- 08/17/13--09:00: Happiest Saturday Morning
- 08/22/13--05:33: Oddness
- 08/23/13--05:26: Friday
- 08/24/13--16:28: Pandora
- 09/08/13--13:37: Are you ready for some football?
- 09/09/13--05:34: Into another week
- 09/21/13--10:04: Twists and Turns
- 11/20/13--05:19: Wednesday a.m.
- 12/10/13--06:08: My little world
- 02/03/14--05:52: A feeling of defeat
- 03/26/14--05:36: Treadmill v. Blog
- 04/19/14--10:54: May I vent?
- 06/09/14--06:29: 43 degrees and torrential rains
Thank you, thank you, thank you for the comments yesterday. I had absolutely no idea that people read this blog every day. And I cannot imagine why you would read the blog – of a depressed person in a dead-end … Continue reading
I changed my settings for photos over the weekend when I posted the photo of the cross, which I think might be one of the best photos I have ever taken. I wanted it to be large. But I haven’t … Continue reading
This is $78. worth of groceries. A lot for one person. But, this new lifestyle (vegan) requires me to go get a few items. They are not cheap items. But they will last a long time. I needed tahini. Miso. … Continue reading
I tried the vegan life for 2 weeks. In that time, I did not feel better. In fact, I had a perpetual stomach ache. For the first week, the food seemed delicious and wonderful. In the second week, I was … Continue reading
This photo is about a year old. I wish I had all those yummy veggies and fruit in the house today…. I can make that happen! Yesterday afternoon I had to get out of this house and away from the … Continue reading
…About Saturday mornings. My daughter and I drove to the farmer’s market last night and purchased pickling cucumbers and onions, jars and lids, pickling salt, and new jars of ginger, turmeric, and mustard seeds. I got up early this morning … Continue reading
Here’s what’s going on today: Working this morning – have two meetings I must attend, one of which I am dreading. Taking this afternoon off so that I can cook for my son’s birthday celebration tomorrow. Getting everything I need … Continue reading
Over the last six or seven weeks since I returned to the hospital, my routines have been changing. I am going to different grocery stores, a different post office, different restaurants, etc. These things are bringing back wonderful memories of … Continue reading
This is the weirdest baby blanket I have ever knit! The shower is tomorrow and I am approximately 5/8 done with it after two weeks. What are the odds I shall have it done tomorrow? I will try, seriously. Seriously, … Continue reading
This is a photo that would have caused a sickening reaction of fear in me a year ago. But over the course of a year, I can see that he is being funny/cute when he looks up at me that … Continue reading
Yesterday’s breakfast. Doesn’t that look good? I am listening to Pandora radio on my television. My daughter had told me you could set up your own “stations.” I just felt compelled to do that but didn’t feel like putting any … Continue reading
Oh, happy day! The first Sunday of football season. I went to work for a few hours this morning, but made a plan to be home by 2:00 so I could watch the later games. YAY. I have sliced potatoes … Continue reading
Most days begin with a bowl of steel cut oats, blueberries, and cream. And I mean real heavy whipping cream. As you can see, the quantities of these ingredients are small, but it makes a satisfying breakfast. I’ve been looking … Continue reading
Last night on my way home from work, I drove around the long way, so that I could see the scope of the flooding nearby. See that lake in the photo? That wasn’t a lake 2 weeks ago. That … Continue reading
Browsing through my last 12 months of photos this morning, I found this wonderful photo of a pot of cranberries. A reminder that it is a week away from Thanksgiving. My son is coming back from Montana for the holiday … Continue reading
I fear I am not interesting at all these days. But, I also fear I am at my most fascinating when I am at the nadir of despair. I am not there, thank you Lord Jesus! In my little world, … Continue reading
Yesterday I walked around a local park, just to see the sun shining on the snow. Every surface was covered with light, sparkling snow. It was gorgeous. I took many photos, and not one of them captured the beauty. I … Continue reading
That is my choice as I sit here. I could easily get on the treadmill and do 3 miles in the amount of time it takes to write one post. It would be lovely to have more time than I … Continue reading
There is too much good stuff going on and I am completely and totally overwhelmed. I have a migraine too. My left eye is swollen and dripping, which is what happens when I have a migraine. I feel brain damaged. … Continue reading
A suddenly typical late spring morning in Colorado. It wears on a person’s nerves. My garden is growing like crazy. I have to pull weeds every single day! I don’t mind :-) It is strange to go outside and feel … Continue reading